18/01/2012

I've updated my site


I've always had my own domain and built my own sites on it. I've got in to a habit of redesigning and rebuilding my site periodically, for no other reason than to test myself. I always set out to design something in a style that doesn't come naturally to me and build something beyond my understanding. This habit forces me out of my comfort zone and pushes me to learn new stuff.

This time round I decided that I would break from my own convention and use someone else's publishing platform. After trying out a few options I landed on Cargo, which is a beautifully built CMS, that allows a huge amount of flexibility. For the visual design I turned to a vintage, seaside style, as a hat tip to my hometown Brighton. I'm still not 100% comfortable with the style, but I'm making myself live with it for a while.

Feel free to take a look at my new site and if you have any comments send them to @martynreding