02/12/2011

Nest - The learning thermostat

This is Nest. It's a new thermostat being sold in the US.

You may very well ask 'why the billy bollocks a thermostat would be of any interest to me?'. Well my inquisitive friends this thermostat is not only a whole new approach to warming a home, but it's also the work of a group of former Apple designers, who have clearly brought a great deal of Apple's design attitude to this piece of work.

Everything from the product's inherently intelligent nature, to it's UI design has been created with love and attention. Looking at the site and the package shots, it's impossible to fault this work. It seems to be a perfect combination of product and digital design.

I'm very much looking forward to getting my hands on one of these when it becomes available in the UK. I predict Nest becoming very popular, in the near future.