21/01/2010

Martyn Reading

I've been on a big Reading kick lately. I seem to be devouring books at an increasing rate. Some of my recents reads include:


Grid Systems by Kimberly Evans
A fairly dry step through the basics of layout and composition



Brand Planning by Stephen King
An iconic planner with a few interesting insights, but mostly death by diagram



Ogilvy on advertising by David Ogilvy
A legendary ad man and a brilliant writer. Everyone working in the creative industry can learn a huge amount from this book. Full of gems and just as relevant today, as when it was written.



NoiseFive by Attik
The retrospective is a disarmly truthful and inspiring account of the birth, growth, demise and rebirth of a global agengy.



Stanley Kubrick. Drama & shadows: photographs 1945-1950
A look at the still image work of one of cinema's master film makers. Incredibly beautiful work.

There are a lot more waiting for me in a pile, in my room, but at the moment the pile is growing.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone