11/12/2009

I've left Preview and I'm looking for new work - Update









Since my last post. Things have been moving pretty quickly.

So far, I've dodged shelf stacking or signing on and packed out my calendar with interviews and meetings. Last week I sent out an email to friends, explaining the situation. I've been blown away by the response so far. I had never expected so much support. In fact it makes me feel a bit slushy and soppy, when i think of how postively my friends have reacted.

Enough of the gushing shit. Here is a run down of what I've been up to:

- Updated website
- Updated PDF
- Updated CV
- Applied for creative lead at supermassive airline
- Applied for design lead at online brand
- Applied for art director at brighton agency
- Got my portfolio out of loft
- Redesigned my portfolio pages
- Cleaned and printed portfolio
- Got turned down for creative lead at supermassive airline
- Had a email exchange with Ben about freelancing in London
- Talked to father in law about accounting and being an Ltd
- Did a phone interview for design lead at online brand
- Did a face to face interview for design lead at online brand
- Met two recruitment agencies in central London
- Mailed CV and Samples to wickedbad Surrey agency
- Applied for design director role at bigtime brand agency
- Met Pete for beers and chats
- Met James for sarnies and chats
- Applied for design lead at audio brand in Brighton
- Met David for burgers and chats
- Went to JWT to see Michael Wolff in action
- Spent the day dragging portfolio round various bigtime London agencies
- Mailed PDF to my favourite Brighton agencies
- Mailed CV to best agency outside London
- Got call from and interview booked with best agency outside London
- Spoke to friends at SCDF about continuing to serve on committee
- Mailed Simon about his upcoming branding brief
- Replied to Simon's rates and availability questions
- Tried to arrange beers and chats with Mark. Failed.
- Got called back for second interview for design lead at online brand
- Set a task to present at second interview for design lead at online brand
- Attempted to move my desk in to spare room
- Moved desk, computer and books back when I realised it was freezing in there
- Called plumber re: freezing spare room
- Started work on interview task for design lead at online brand
- Giggled when I reviewed who had been looking at my website
- Arranged briefing with Simon in Dorset
- Checked map, wondered if Dorset has always been so far away
- Sketched ideas for interview task for design lead at online brand
- Started design work on interview task for design lead at online brand
- Turned down a creative lead offer at a gambling brand
- Written lots of lists. Lists make me happy

So that's week one. Bit hectic, but mostly great. Next week is going to be the crucial one though. So send your good vibes this way.