how to be more creative
i really love this image.
if you can't read the text it says
1. Keep your eyes and ears open. Observe. Notice your surroundings; there is always inspiration around you.
2. Keep thinking time to yourself. Dedicate some time every day to do your thing.
3. Be open to new ideas and be flexible.
4. Realise that you are unique. Your colours, your ideas and your thoughts are all unique to your personality and individuality.
5. Read widely.
6. Keep your senses open to new experiences. Travel.
7. Welcome learning. Have a want and desire to learn. Ask questions.
i think points 1, 3, 5 and six are part of the same sentiment. i value the process of intaking visceral stimulation. the more you see, read, hear, smell and feel, the more experience you have to draw from with your work. being open to as many experiences as possible increases your mental store from which you draw ideas.
i like points 4 and 2. both are not things i've given a lot of thought or time to. so i've decided to make a concerted effort to do both.
found via monster munch