28/11/2007

Mentor

I'm looking for a mentor.

I'm looking for a creative director who has been there, seen that, won the pitch, opened the overseas office, hired the team, popped the champagne, written the book and accepted the awards.

Esssentially i'd like the opportunity to talk with somebody who has walked the path i'm heading down and can give me some advice on being a creative director. i've searched around the local area, but i don't think anyone fits the bill so i'm scouring london for someone who is willing to spend no more than an hour a month to talking to me.

There are mentoring programmes run by The Chamber of Commerce (Sussex Enterprise), but they are not connected to the creative industry, so i don't feel they can fulfill my needs.

It's tricky, as i doubt it's very appealing for a successful creative director to give up any of their time. The search goes on.