26/10/2007

Poking around

Following on from my letter in Design Week. I had the opportunity to meet with Simon Waterfall, at the Poke offices, to discuss the D&AD servicing regions beyond London.

Not only was it great to see inside one the UK's best digital agencies, but it was also great to meet with a creative director who's been a key figure in the industry for some time. Over lunch we discussed our experiences and views on the creative industry and life in and out of London. Afterwards my head was spinning with ideas and information. Chances like that don't come along very often, so when they do it's important to give as much as possible and take away as many bite's of inspiration and knowledge as possible. He certainly gave me a clearer outlook on things i've been struggling with (new business, staff growth, exporting etc) and he also treated me to lunch at Shoreditch House - very, very good.